- CURT Class 3 hitches range in gross trailer weight capacity from 3,500 lbs. to an impressive 8,000 lbs. and offer a comparable tongue weight capacity ranging from 350 lbs. to 800 lbs.
- These hitches are engineered to be strong and capable, having a quality steel frame in round tube or square tube form.
- Class 3 trailer hitches are able to tow most standard size trailers. This type of hitch uses a 2 in. x 2 in. receiver tube opening to accept a ball mount or towing accessory with an equivalent shank.
- One special feature about the Class 3 that is not found in Classes 1 or 2 is its compatibility with a weight distribution hitch. When used in combination with a WD hitch, the Class 3 hitches gross trailer weight capacity increases to 12,000 lbs. and the tongue weight capacity to 1,200 lbs.
- CURT Class 3 hitches are put through strenuous testing before they are deemed ready for market. They also come with 2 coatings: a liquid Aquence coating and a powder coat in high-gloss black that cure together to form a strong resistance against rust, scratching, UV damage and other wear.
- Brand: Curt
- Product Dimensions (DxWxH): 10 x 44 x 21 inches
- Hitch Class: Class 3
- Material: Steel
- Product Weight (lb.): 54
- Receiver Opening (in.): 2 in
- Receiver Tube Size: 2.000 in.
- Weight Carrying Rating – Gross Trailer Weight (lb.): 6000
- Weight Carrying Rating – Tongue Weight (lb.): 900